Home Indonesia North Sulawesi Bunaken
Dive Resorts on Bunaken
There are around a dozen or so dive resorts, most with their own dive shops, on Bunaken, along with another couple on the smaller Siladen. Here's a selection of what's available.
- Two Fish Divers
- One of the few "double plays" in North Sulawesi, with resorts on both Bunaken and Lembeh. I was quite impressed with them. See my full reivew for more details.
- Bunaken Cha Cha
- Small (10 cottages) resort on the east coast of the island. Welcomes snorkelers as well as divers.
- Bunaken Seabreeze Resort
- Charming, but without air conditioning, resort on the southeast coast, near the main village. Bunaken Divers also operates their own live-aboard.
- Small, apparently very laid back, resort of about 10 rooms located near the center of the southern bay of the island. Although appearing very relaxed, Froggies is a serious dive resort, and so welcomes divers only
- Living Colours
- Living Colours seems to be the most well known of Bunaken's resorts, with favorable mentions by Lonely Planet and others. Comments from real guests are generally favorable, although some regard it as isolated. The Lonely Planet recommendation not withstanding, it's worth noting that Living Colours is one of the pricier options on Bunaken.
- Bunaken SeaGarden Resort
- Small resort of just six bungalown in the same general area as Two Fish. Does not have their own dive operation but works with a neighboring shop if you want to dive. Snorkelers welcome.
Siladen Dive Resorts
- Onong Resort
- Small resort with just seven air conditioned cottages on a white sandy beach. Operated by Celebes Divers, which also has a resort on the Sulawesi mainland. Check with Safari Tours for special rates.
- Siladen Resort
- The Siladen seems to be one of the poshest options in the park. Pity their web site seems to have been developed in the last centurey.
You may also wish to contact Safari Tours, a full service travel agency based in Manado. They handle many of the resorts above, as well as resorts along Lembeh, around Manado, and beyond. They can also arrange a variety of land-side tours to the countryside and national park.
Please note: A link on this page is not an endorsement or recommendation for the listed service. Unless there's an "OK" sign () next to the link, then I haven't patronized the company.
Want to get listed with an "OK" sign next to your name? Consider sponsoring a dive site.