Home Thailand Andaman Sea Live Aboard
Andaman Sea Liveaboards
The best way to reach many of the best dive sites around the Andaman Sea, such as the Similans, is through a liveaboard cruise. There are dozens of boats working the area in the high season, offering cruises in all price ranges. Here's a selection of the ones that appear to be among the good guys;
- Colona Group
- Colona operates two boats: the Colona VI and the Giamani. I visited the Similans the first time on the Colona VI. It's a good boat, with both an excellent crew and dive masters, at a reasonable price. If you want a bit more luxury, go for the Giamani.
- MV Nautica
- The Nautica is probably one of your best bets for a good dive boat with all the mod-cons you really need. I would rate it as one of the most comfortable, if not luxurious, boats I've dived on. They venture into Burma as well as the Similans.
- MV Jazz
- The Jazz is one of the few other live-aboards that venture into Burma. You can find a fairly good, reliable review of the MV Jazz at DiveHappy.com.
- Flying Seahorse
- Koh Lanta-based budget-priced boat that visits South Andaman as well as the Similans. One of the better options for getting to Hin Daeng / Hin Muang.
- The Panunee appears to be one of the more luxe options for the Similans, although it looks like a full boat is 20+ divers.
- Sunrise Divers
- The Sunrise web site has one of the best selections of all the available liveaboard operators working the Andaman Sea, and beyond.
Please note: A link on this page is not an endorsement or recommendation for the listed service. Unless there's an "OK" sign () next to the link, then I haven't patronized the company.
Want to get listed with an "OK" sign next to your name? Consider sponsoring a dive site.